Oct. 22, 2020
2021 University of Calgary Teaching Awards call for nominations
I am pleased to announce the launch of the 2021 University of Calgary Teaching Awards. Since 2014, the Teaching Awards have celebrated outstanding contributions to teaching and learning by our faculty, staff and graduate students.
It has never been more important to recognize the incredible efforts of educators across our university community to deliver world-class learning experiences in classroom, blended and online contexts.
The awards recognize excellence in diverse learning contexts, by individuals and teams, and through curriculum design and educational leadership. There are 13 award categories, including group and individual awards:
- Award for Continuing and Professional Education
- Award for Curriculum Development
- Award for Educational Leadership (Group and Individual)
- Award for Experiential Learning Initiatives
- Award for Full-Time Academic Staff
- Award for Graduate Assistants (Teaching)
- Award for Graduate Supervision
- Award for Librarians, Archivists and Curators
- Award for Non-Academic Staff (Group and Individual)
- Award for Sessional Instructors
- Award for Teaching in Online Environments
- Award for Team Teaching
- Award for Workplace-Integrated Education
A University of Calgary Teaching Award is a distinguished honour for members of our university community who, through their commitment and expertise, create deep and lasting learning experiences. I encourage you to nominate your colleagues for these awards. Nominations for the awards are due Feb. 11, 2021.
Your efforts in support of student learning are genuinely appreciated — thank you! This program allows us to recognize these efforts, and the individuals and groups who do so much to help our students thrive during their academic journey. Read more about the awards and how to prepare a nomination.
Provost and Vice-President (Academic)