Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) Router
Shopbot 3 Axis: CNC Router (small 22" X 30" x 2")
Thermwood 5 Axis: CNC Router (Large 120" X 60" X 36")
The workshop has two CNC machines capable of separate types of milling. You will have to consult with a technician prior to booking to determine which machine is best suited for your task. While some jobs require a shorter time frame, others may take more than one day. The CNC routers are available once a day at 9:00 a.m. Please note, all late appointments are cancelled and awarded to another student after 15minutes.
To Book a CNC Machine:
- All CAD files must be reviewed and approved by the workshop technicians prior to booking the machine. All files must be submitted in Rhinoceros or IGES formats.
- Only when CAD files have passed a review and the material blanks are prepared can users book the CNC.
- All CNC bookings are done via the workshop technicians. CNC bookings occur on a first come, first serve basis. Timeframes are difficult to predict. A job may take more than one day so be prepared well in advance of your deadline.
- A posting of the CNC Production queue will be located on the doors of the CNC rooms. There are no online bookings.
- Cancellation of a booked CNC timeslot must occur prior to 4pm the day before the booking.
To cancel email firstname.lastname@example.org